All this contributes to a reduction in Time To Market, to improve the quality and speeding up the innovation. More broadly, according to a study by consulting firm CIMdata, the major benefits associated with the implementation of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and its integration with the ERP show:
- A reduction of 10% to 70% of process changes
- A reduction of 50% to 80% of the journals of research projects
- A reduction of 75% to 90% in information retrieval
- A reduction of 15% to 70% of design time
- A reduction of 75% of the time, cost and errors associated with re-keying data from one system to another.
- A 75% reduction in costs related to errors of nomenclature, the latter being created once and then managed consistently between systems.
- A 15% reduction in storage costs related to the creation of new components, thanks to a better understanding of the pieces already exist and can be reused directly in the design.